According to Xamarin using Xamarin.Forms can increase code-reuse for Android, iOS and Windows from 70% to 90%.
- Number of available controls is still limited. Some supported controls are missing critical properties. For example, Picker is missing bindable.
- Some XAML features are missing while others are implemented differently.
- Documentation is often insufficient, sometimes limited to a list of properties and method signatures.
- Missing controls can sometimes be substituted with third-party plugins.
- XAML allows specifying platform specific layouts with OnPlatform and OnIdiom.
- Elegant publisher-subscriber implementation allows loose coupling between platform specific and shared code.
Please follow and like us: